Sunday, March 31, 2013

The AFTERMATH.....

Well, today we went to finish cleaning up Gramps house and some of the neighbors came by the two that lived behind him with their three amazing dogs they were all so cute and they were fat fat fat one reminded me of my Mom's father Tippy that looked like a butterball... One looked like Rusty in the face and then some guy that the Boss asked to leave he came in and said may I look to see if I left a screwdriver in the back and at first I did not think anything and then the Boss caught him pulling things off the top counter above the washer and he said to the Boss did you check the attic we both looked at each other and then he got "THE LOOK"... The Boss said look guy I don't know you and it is time you leave he was quick about getting to the door... Then the sweet lady across the street she was black and so little she had a fire a while back and Gramps called 911 for her and let her kids stay with him until they got the fire put out and when she came to get the kids they were all asleep on his couch and had given them blankets and something to eat.  She hugged me and then pulled away I thought at first shoot did I stink and then she looked into my eyes and told me I was an ANGEL and he loved me with everything he had in his heart and she told me he was ok.  I cried....  After everything was done I asked the Boss and kids to give me a few minutes alone and they said ok... I shut the french doors and looked around this big empty house that brought back so many different memories for me as a child and a grown woman with children.  I felt a calm warm feeling and I swear I heard him tell me it was ok and it was time for me to let go... As I turned around to take one last look I swear I saw him and Gram holding hands smiling at me.... I shut the door and said goodbye for now but not forever.... I miss him dearly but now I know he is happy and no more pain and no more hurt... I will try to move forward and pick up the pieces and I know that is what he would want for me...  Today is Easter and a Happy Day my Mom will be over and I can get a hug my Mom gives the best hugs ever...  I told the kids that I was very sorry but the Easter Bunny would have to come another day to see them as him and I were very busy and they said it is ok Momma all we need is you.... I love them... Now I will sit here and try to make cards my computer was not wanting to do what I wanted it to do so I will try again if not out the window it goes..... LQTM.... April is around the corner and I sure hope it is better than March.... March nearly did me in.... So many things happened and I am ready to start FRESH..... Good night my loved ones... :')

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dear favorite youngest daughter, What a nice tribute to your Gramps! He depended on you & the "Boss" more than he would ever admit, but ya'll were always there when he needed you! Knowing that makes me such a proud & happy mom! I'm glad that you seem to have closure, but remember this quote: "Grieving is a personal process that has no time limit, nor one "right" way to do it!" You've stepped up to the plate in your attempt to handle his wishes correctly & the way he would have wanted. He, Grandmother & I are so proud of you for that. Not many people would have been as generous as you are, but that's how you've always been...a heart as big as the sky! I'm proud to call you daughter! And I'm proud to call Maurilio my son-in-law! I love you with all my heart & soul! Just us 7! Mom