Tuesday, March 4, 2014

Happy 108th Birthday Granddaddy aka Col. Daddy........

Today, would have been my Granddaddy's 108th birthday.  I know if he was alive he would not believe how this world has changed.  The first thing I think he would say is there is a BLACK PRESIDENT.... LQTM..... He is probably turning over in his grave right now saying are you kidding me.  He called me "HOT SHOT"...... And every summer we went to see them over the summer. I was always going to garage sales and going up to doors saying we were from out of town and could we come earlier.  I miss the smell of my Granddaddy.  Every time I smell Old Spice I turn to see who smells like my Granddaddy.  My Mom and him were very close and she tries to hide her sadness from her favorite most youngest daughter but, I know better.  I hope you are celebrating your 108th Birthday with my Gramps and Gram and Grandmomma (who made me eat pie LOL LOL) and all the other loved ones who are there with you!~!~! Happy Happy Birthday from your one and only "HOT SHOT"......... :') I love you!!~!~!~! This was posted today but, would not post on Sunday like it should have but, I finally got it.  His 108th birthday was Sunday March 2, 2014...... I guess I can not back date like others......

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, he was certainly my hero and now that title has been passed on to my brother! He'll always be Col. Daddy to me. I was fortunate enough to have inherited only a little patience from him as he had multitudes. He would have been so very proud of his granddaughters & their awesome kids (who I'm sure he would have picked out special nicknames for them also)! Thanks "Hot Shot" for the nice tribute.