Thursday, July 25, 2013

After today it all seems sad and unreal......

Well, today seems to be very sad and unreal.  I can not believe it has been over 4 months since my Grandfather passed away.  It seems like yesterday I was going for weekly visits and running him around Publix losing him because he walked so darn fast.  And missing those three days a week calls to him to check up on him to see how he was doing.  Listening to his wise words of wisdom and thoughts and knowledge was amazing.  He brought such joy to my life, for so many different reasons some of them I can not even explain.  I miss his laugh and smile and him talking about the old days.  I miss his smell.  I miss his love for me.  I know in my heart that he is looking down and watching over me and saying you did it KIDDO~!~  I smile behind my tears, as I would give anything for just one more day with him.  Today, I feel numb and I know that is not what he wanted from me but, now it is my time to heal as I have not had time to do so as I have been going through so many different things I have been putting off so for now, I will take the time I need to heal and grow!!  I will always love you Gramps and can not believe how much you loved me and how much I miss you!!!  Save my seat and give everyone there my love and tell them how much I miss them too!!!  I will see you again one day until then so long Gramps (as you would always say to me so long KIDDO)  Forever in my heart and soul and my mind and my DREAMS............

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Very beautifully written! We ALL have lost someone we love & must deal with it in "our own time" and enjoy the wonderful memories when they come drifting back in small ways of our day to day living. We are just fortunate that we have our special memories & no one can ever take those away from us! Love to All those we have lost, but will always remember quite fondly & often!